Thank you to all who played in our last color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments! It was a great color combination and you all aced it! Now, we are on to our next challenge, which is a mood board that’s perfect for Valentines Day. Lots of inspiration here and I really liked the top photo because of the wood tones. It’s time to start thinking of some cards for my family, so I used this challenge to make my husband’s card. My card is a variation on the Eclipse style since the letters are not exactly the same as the background. Even with that modification, I think it counts. 😉 The Meant to Be stamp set (and bundle!) is great for all things to do with love, don’t you think?
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Using Wood Textures DSP, I cut two different wood patterns to the same size and ran them through the Big Shot together with the Large Letters and the Heart die from Be Mine Framelits. I did this to have options on what would look best, so you wouldn’t have to do that if you already have your card layers in mind.
- Then I ran the L, V, and E through once again to cut them out with black craft foam after seeing the wood tones together when just pieced together. I really like how it turned out!
- The All My Love designer paper was cut and layered onto Sahara Sand card base, then the wood layer was adhered on top along with the letters, popped up onto the craft foam.
- After playing with the different ways to do the heart, I opted to just stamp “Happy Valentine’s Day” onto the Sahara Sand cardstock with Lovely Lipstick ink, then cropping it out with the heart die. This die cuts two heart pieces so it was easy to only adhere the inner heart to expose the DSP underneath.
- Of course, it could have been finished there, but I opted to use that wonderful heart thinlit die with the DSP. Then, the “you make me happy” sentiment was stamped and cut out with the small stitched oval die. A couple of pieces of Braided Linen Trim were adhered over the top of the hearts, then the sentiment was popped up over them.
- I adhered a couple of the negative hearts to the front and the adorable metal key with a piece of Braided Linen Trim to the heart then fringed the ends. Love the keys!!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- My Time to Craft Challenge: All You Need is Love
- Cut It Up Challenge: Hearts
- Dragonfly Journeys: I Heart You
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9YHTV3CC when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!