We have a great new challenge for you over at Cardz 4 Galz. First, I have to give everyone who played along with my “New Year, New Stash” challenge a HUGE shout-out! Wow! I am always amazed – and quite humbled – by all of the incredible creativity in the papercrafting community. But it’s time to move on to the next challenge. Donna is our new host and her theme is to make a “dimensional” greeting card – such a wonderful theme because it can have such a wide interpretation. My card was so much fun to make, using the new Humming Along bundle. Coloring with Stampin’ Blends and adding a layer of watercolor pencils will give you wonderful depth of color. I’m no expert in the coloring arena, but my card shows you really don’t need to be!
My Secrets to Making This Humming Along Project
- I colored the hibiscus flower first and chose Poppy Parade because it brings back great memories of my bush when I lived in Florida many years ago. Adding a little Pumpkin Pie on the edges, and some black watercolor pencil to the center then a good coverage of Real Red watercolor pencil was just the touch I wanted.
- The hummingbird is one of my most favorite birds, and love this one especially since it has a coordinating framelit, so I couldn’t wait to color him. I used a combination of Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake for his body and wings then added Mango Melody on his adorable beak.
- The background circle die is from the Detailed Baubles Framelits from the Holiday Catalog, which I decided to buy at the last minute when it was on sale. I just love the shape of it! I wanted it to have some texture and the best embossing folder I could find was the Petal Pairs. Because of its size, I had to run it through the Big Shot twice. The “seam” that made to the middle was easily covered with the flower and hummingbird.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Anything New
- Dies R Us Challenge: Anything New
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9YHTV3CC when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!