Did you love our “Vehicle” challenge at the Alphabet Challenge? We had so much visiting your blogs and hope you will play with our next one, “Wings” hosted by Darlene. I am shocked that I was able to hold off to show this card to you all because I made it the moment I unpacked my order from the new Occasions Catalog. The Butterfly Beauty Thinlits that coordinates with the Beauty Abounds stamp set is stunning and will inspire so much creativity to make those butterflies flit right off your card front. I would have used the coordinating stamp set but sadly this year started with a need for quite a few sympathy cards, so I used the new Well Said bundle, thinlits and sentiments that combine to say just about anything you want!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Don’t you love it when a card just seems to make itself? That’s the sign of a great product IMHO. I cut the new thinlit pieces that coordinate together, one in white and the other in black. Do you have a good idea on how to adhere intricate dies together? If you do, please tell me in a comment please! I have tried quite a few methods AND products. In the end, I squirt a smidge of Tombow glue onto my silicone mat and sponge it on with my Stampin’ Up! sponges. You can even wash it out of the sponge if you do it as soon as you’re finished.
- The sentiment thinlit was cut from both Basic Black cardstock and black craft foam that already has adhesive on the back. If you cut your paper and craft foam, take the adhesive off the craft foam and stick it to the cardstock, then run it through the Big Shot with the thinlit. They will be all ready to stick to your card front. I think the craft foam is easier to add glue to than cardstock and makes less of a mess on your card.
- “All My” was stamped and cropped out with the Classic Label Punch. I just cut it closely on one end, then cut it a second time from the other end.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Crafty Creations Challenge: Anything Goes
- Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge: Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Sparkle and Shine
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CMV3TCCW when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!