I hope you will play in the next challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz. It’s a fun one, especially this time of year – “Weather Conditions.” Lise Mariann wants to see any type of weather cards you make and we can’t wait to visit your blogs to see them as well. I had a few ideas but I ran across the Beautiful You stamp set, which I hadn’t used recently or nearly enough. I truly love this stamp set! The images are wonderful and timeless.
My Secrets to Making This Beautiful You Project
- I stamped the image from Beautiful You in Gray Granite and colored her dress with Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. The umbrella was colored with Mint Macaron, then I decided to stamp it again, color it and fussy cut it out. I curled it slightly on the ends with my bone folder, popped it up with a dimensional in the middle and a glue dot up at the top to make it curve like a real umbrella. Turned out cute, didn’t it?!
- It took me a little time to figure out that the Beautifully Detailed Specialty DSP came in two colors – brilliant! You can use the Whisper White side as is, or color it any color you want by sponging or spritzing. It’s just a wonderful backdrop for my image. The DSP for the front of the card was easily trimmed, then I sponged it lightly with Tombow and added it to my Whisper White stamped cardstock. The two layers were easily trimmed together in my trimmer to give a clean edge.
- Because the baker’s twine is wrapped around the focal image, I thought I would have a difficult time adhering the corners close to it down onto the cardstock. Therefore, I opted to use the foam adhesive strips on all sides of the image. It solved that issue and gave my card additional dimension, which I am so fond of anyway. I will have to remember this secret in the future!
- The inside (see below) of my card also has the delicate laser cut paper, which was snipped here and there to fit my A6 card.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wedneday Challenge: Dies/Punches or Hearts
- Words 2 Craft By Challenge: Best Friends
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CMV3TCCW when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!