Let’s have some fun with the color red over at the Sisterhood of Crafters! I have to admit that red is a bit too bright for my taste but, after all of the red and pink cards I have made over the past month, it’s growing on me! The card I made for you today used the new Vibrant Vases stamp set, which is a new set that coordinates with the Vase Builder Punch that has been wildly popular. Not only are the images in Vibrant Vases great and you can color them with markers or 2 step stamping, but the fonts are beautiful!
My Secrets to Making This Vibrant Vases Project
- I went to my favorite coloring method for the flowers – Stampin’ Blends and watercolor pencils. I wanted these flowers to be, well, vibrant so I layered them quite a bit.
- Once I was satisfied (but am I ever, really?) I fussy cut the flowers so they could be popped up with dimensionals.
- I ran Whisper White Thick cardstock through the Big Shot with a Wonky Stitches oval framelit die.
- Then, I cut a small piece of Real Red cardstock with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch to act as an anchor for the vase to “sit” on.
- The “birthday” from the Well Written thinlits was cut from more scrap Real Red cardstock. Then, “happy” was stamped in Real Red and trimmed.
- The Basket Weave embossing folder was used to make the pretty background texture and layered onto Real Red cardstock. Lastly, Red Rhinestones added the little bit of bling that every card needs!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CMV3TCCW when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!