We are ready for a new challenge at Make My Monday and I promise you will love this one, “Make It Krafty,” which was chosen by our talented fearless leader, Caz! I don’t make cards from Kraft cardstock much but, when I do, I wish I did it more. I get a vintage feel from this paper so I went all out vintage, using the small floral stamp from Tea Together and a simple sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays to make Crumb Cake cardstock that was embossed with the new Country Floral embossing folder take the spotlight. This is a new embossing folder, which is part of the Second Sale-A-Bration release. There is always the possibility that it will be sold out so get it while you can! The embossing is 3D with multiple levels of embossing. I hope you can see them in my photo but you really need to see it for yourself!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- The secret for this card was using the embossing folder on Crumb Cake cardstock, then distressing it with Crumb Cake ink with a dauber. I added Frost White Shimmer Paint over the entire layer, then adding more Crumb Cake ink for more depth of distressing.
- The rose from Tea Together was colored with several watercolor pencils, then adding Clear Wink of Stella for some sparkle. Love it!
- The Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheets came with 8 sheets, 4 each of Grapefruit Grove and Lovely Lipstick, another great color! Unfortunately, the latest news is that they were so popular that they are all sold out. 🙁
- Making a banner from a strip of cardstock or design paper is pretty easy without a punch or die. Once your paper is cut to the width you desire, make a cut into it at the halfway point (I eyeball it but you can measure it as well) then cut to the end of that cut from each corner.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Love 2 Create Challenge: Mixed Media
- A Inky Mess Challenge: Anything Mixed Media Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge: Vintage
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Stitched – Real or Faux
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check out What’s New.
3 New Sale-a-Bration Choices Available Now!
Available starting Feb. 15, 2019, through March 31, 2019 with your online order. Click my Shop Now button to get these items – while they last!
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CMV3TCCW when prompted and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Need ideas to get your order over the top for these Freebies? Then,
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!