We are starting a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge and a brand new beginning to the alphabet! This is the perfect time to get started with us if you haven’t yet!! I am so happy to be the host for the letter A and chose “Animals” – perfect start, don’t you think? I went round and round my craft room, trying to pick the best stamps to use. There were frogs, hedghogs, kangaroos, cats and dogs. I pulled them all out and asked my daughter (and card critic) which one was her favorite when she was home from college. She chose the adorable Bella & Friends stamp set so how could I refuse?? I also used the cute image from Pretty Kitty because it fit perfectly and wanted the flowers and butterfly to add some interest and color.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I started this A6 birthday card by cutting the Garden Green cardstock to size then cutting the frames with the Rectangle Stitched framelit and Stitched Shapes Square Framelit. Once that was completed, I stamped the images in the open areas, using my Stamparatus to make it so much easier. Then, the images were colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- A second image of the balloon was stamped and colored with the Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends, then fussy cut to pop up for some texture.
- The sentiment from Hello Cupcake was inked up with Garden Green ink, cropped with the Rectangle Stitched Framelit. The little cupcake from Bella & Friends was colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- The ribbon trim was cut and adhered to the card base then the sentiment popped up on top.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Green + 2 Colors
- Send A Smile 4 Kids: Cards 4 Boys or Anything Goes for Kids
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code GKX7AQKP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!