It’s time for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters! Darlene is our lovely host and she has chosen “One for the Ladies/Girls”. Let’s see how much frill you can add to your cards and join us! This card has a new product in my collection, Graceful Glass Vellum. It is so pretty! You probably can’t see it in the photos but the black lines on this vellum are raised like it was heat embossed – gorgeous! I hope you will go check out the inspirational cards from our great design team and play along with us.
My Secrets to Making This Graceful Glass Project
- The video above is a “must watch” if you want to see all of the possibilities that this vellum paper provides! Brian Pilling does a great job demonstrating the vellum as well as the rest of the items in the product suite.
- While watching my favorite TV show, I colored away with my Stampin’ Blends. I wanted the stained glass to be bright so it was backed with Whisper White cardstock before layering it onto Rich Razzleberry.
- TIP: Apply your adhesive in the colored areas and use a vellum adhesive in the corners.
- Then, another piece of vellum was cut, layered onto Whisper White then Rich Razzleberry. Those panels were adhered to a Bermuda Bay card base.
- The question of how to add a sentiment was answered finally by cutting “thanks” from Well Written Thinlits twice – once in Rich Razzleberry and again in Bermuda Bay. They were adhered together then onto the card base.
- The finishing touch Petal Pink/Silver Baker’s Twine with Silver Mini Sequin Trim tucked into the bow. Bermuda Bay Enamel Shapes were also added to the top right corner.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code GKX7AQKP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!