There’s a new challenge at Make My Monday and it’s open for your interpretation – “Something New: Baby, Job, Home, Stash, etc.” I almost made a card for my older son, who just purchased a new car. However, I was going through my supplies and found this new die I just bought by Tutti Designs called Easter Lamb. It was just too cute not to use it! Pairing it with the new Gingham designer paper, I wanted make a card to celebrate Spring, a new cycle of life after winter. I love Spring after the long (sometimes too cold) winters we can get in Michigan and this one has been particularly difficult for us.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- After cutting and coloring my image with Stampin’ Blends, I spent some time trying to find the best paper to place behind it. I had several choices but, in the end, the Balmy Blue Gingham DSP won. I embossed the gingham paper in the Subtles embossing folder to add a little interest to the background and also added some Sahara Sand along the edges to distress it just a little.
- Although Easter Lamb isn’t a Stampin’ Up! product (they can’t make everything!), they do have so many sentiments that would go beautifully with it. I really loved the “Happy Spring” from Fable Friends. Which sentiment do you think would go well with it? Let me know in a comment!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Allsorts Challenge: Seasons – Which is your favorite? Mine is Spring because it is truly miraculous to see everything come back to life after such a long Michigan winter.
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything with a Critter
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code GKX7AQKP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!