Spring is right around the corner, so this new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is perfectly timed! Sue is our host and has chosen the theme, “March Hares/Rabbits.” Have you ever seen a stamp set that you just had to have, even if you thought you might not ever find an occasion to use it? Well, that is how I reacted to Fable Friends. I always loved Peter Rabbit and read the Beatrix Potter stories to all four of my children. All of the images in this stamp set are wonderful and the sentiments are great as well! I couldn’t be happier that I got a reason to ink up this adorable image.
My Secrets to Making This Fable Friends Project
- I had SO MUCH FUN making this card!! This one is actually my second attempt because I wanted to change the rabbit from Smoky Slate in the first one to Crumb Cake. Then, I changed the background layer from purple to blue coordinate with the sky. Love how it turned out!
- My cute rabbit was actually stamped twice – once on Whisper White cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and another on a scrap of Whisper White so I could color and fussy cut it out. The reason for doing it twice was solely so I didn’t have to fussy cut the whiskers. I don’t like how they look when you try to cut around them. To me, this is so much easier. You don’t have to do that, of course. You can always mask the rabbit to do the grass. The idea of curling this cute rabbit’s ears was just too sweet not to try.
- I sponged the sky in Balmy Blue over two-thirds of the cardstock, then stamped the tall grass from Home to Roost till it was completely filled in to my satisfaction.
- The tree from Sheltering Tree was stamped in the corner then added the pretty blooms in Flirty Flamingo.
- The “Some Bunny Loves You” sentiment is non-SU (Impression Obsession D19926) that I couldn’t resist using for this cute little rabbit.
- After assembling the card, I felt that it needed a little “sumthin-sumthin” so I added some little butterflies that I had already cut out and in a little pile on my craft table. I applied a couple of black rhinestones to each butterfly.
- Stamp Sets: Fable Friends, Home to Roost, Sheltering Tree
- Papers: Botanical Butterfly DSP, Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue
- Inks: Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz
- Tools: Stitched Shapes, Rectangle Stitched, Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Pink Pirouette
- Accessories: Black Rhinestones
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Animal Friends Challenge: Rabbits
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything with a Critter
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Think Spring or Add Some Green
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code GKX7AQKP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!