Make My Monday has a very fun new challenge for you, “Going Round in Circles” and hosted by our fearless leader, Caz. If you go to the challenge website, you will see some wonderful creations to inspire you! Little did I know when I was playing with Brusho Crystal Colour a few weeks ago that I would end up using the panels for this card. I had bought the pretty thinlit at least a year ago and hadn’t used it yet. The serendipity of using those Brusho panels and this thinlit die together created a wonderful card that I wanted to share with you today.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- The video above shows the wonderful versatility of Brusho Crystal Colour! Please watch it if you are interested in seeing just how much these crystals can pack a pop of color to your projects.
- First, this card is 6″ square card, made with Sahara Sand 12″x12″ cardstock, layered then with Calypso Coral cut at 5 3/4″ square, and lastly with Tranquil Tide that had been dry embossed with the Subtles Dynamic TIEF.
Brusho Instructions for Focal Image and Flower
- The Brusho panels were so much fun to do. I used all of the colors in stages, letting each one dry before spritzing with water with the next one. Getting the panel wet will allow the dried colors to blend together with the new ones but not turn out like mud! Also, keep a paper towel handy to mop up those areas where the water pools so the colors can come through. The MOST important part is that every card will be unique so let it be!
- When they were all dry, I had the idea to spritz them with Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray to add some clear sparkle. You can’t see it much on the sentiment piece in the photo but the close-up of the flower (below) makes it more apparent.
- The panel was cut with the Happy Birthday die and placed onto the wood patterned designer paper from Floral Romance.
- The flower was cut out with Shabby Posies dies by Spellbinders, bought on an impulse when they were on sale at Michaels. I hadn’t tried them before now but thought this would be the perfect card to give them a whirl. The leaf from Stylish Stems, retired from Stampin’ Up!, was a great leaf to pair with the flower.
- The flower and leaves were curled a bit on the ends with my bone folder, adhered together with dimensionals then topped with the Tranquil Tide button from the ’17-’19 In Color Flower Buttons and a Linen Thread bow.
- Lastly, a piece of Grapefruit Grove Organdy Ribbon was adhered to the card base. Then, I punched out a butterfly from my favorite SAB designer paper and colored it quickly with Stampin’ Blends. Then, a new Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were placed around the large die, butterfly and one flower on the focal image.
Non SU: Tutti Designs Happy Birthday Circle (TUTTI-283), Spellbinders Shabby Posies (S4-628), Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Penny Black and More Challenge: Going Round in Circles
- Dies R Us Challenge: One for the Ladies
- Happy Little Stampers Challenge: Anything Goes with Dies
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code GKX7AQKP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!