Our next challenge over at Make My Monday is a fun one – let’s make a card that will make someone smile. Dawn is our host and has chosen “Something Humorous.” I don’t have much in the way of LOL humorous stamps but thought this one was cute. I haven’t inked it for a year or so, and it is quite different from what I have been making lately. It may actually end up being my daughter’s graduation card in May. What do you think of this as a grad card??
My Secrets to Making This Lemon Zest Project
- Do you prefer Lemons or Limes?? That is a question you would probably get asked at my house! My family’s answer would be that we prefer limes for everything except drinking. Because of this, I knew that I had to ink up the “lemon” in both Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist. To balance the colors though, I used Daffodil Delight for the other lemon stamps.
- Showing my preference to limes, I naturally chose Lemon Lime Twist for the card base! Then, I cut a layer of the Gingham DSP for the background.
- The leaves were inked up in DD first, stamped off on grid paper then “rocked and rolled” in Lemon Lime Twist for some color variation. Don’t be a perfectionist with this – real leaves are all different!
- I stamped the sentiments on the “lemons” then cropped them out with the Lemon Builder Punch for the whole lemon and the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch for the sliced one.
- Once everything was stamped and cut, I laid out my card and just felt too much of “something” so I grunged it up with some Sahara Sand ink on the edges. I also pulled out Timeless Textures and did some stamping on the background layer.
- Looking for more texture, I ran the background layers through the Big Shot in the Subtles TIEF. Love how this turned out!
non-SU: Taylored Expression Frame in Frame (TE#544)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!