It’s finally Spring here in Michigan!! I can see trees with budding leaves, daffodils blooming and my sweet kitty wants to get warm laying out on my deck. This is such a wonderful time of year for all of us Michiganders. There’s a new challenge at Alphabet Challenge and it’s “C for Clean and Simple.” Yikes! Anyone who follows me knows that I struggle with this style, but there’s a stamp set from the Occasions Catalog that makes it much easier, Beauty Abounds. (If I missed the mark a tad, please be ever so understanding!) It has gorgeous thinlits to coordinate with it that I have used and really love as well.
My Secrets to Making This Beauty Abounds Project
- This A6 card will be given to a very sweet young woman who will be getting married soon. I didn’t want to make a standard wedding card and liked the sentiment that reflects her new life.
- The first thing I did was stamp the long vine in Tranquil Tide and then the pretty bubbly stamps in both Lovely Lipstick and Powder Pink. I added just a little color to the flowers on the vine with Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends but it doesn’t show well in the photos.
- Sentiments from Happiness Surrounds were stamped and cropped.
- The small butterfly was stamped in Lovely Lipstick and cropped. Then, the small butterflies were cropped.
- I decided that there needed to be a little bling since it was a wedding card. I found the Sparkle Glimmer piece in my stash box that actually comes from this thinlit collection, and was perfect for my needs.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Unicorn Challenge: Spots or Stripes
- Paper Minutes Challenge: Wedding
- Let’s Craft and Create Challenge: Anything Goes with option of Beautiful Butterflies
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!