There’s a new photo inspiration challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Woohoo!! These are my favorite kind of challenges. You can get inspiration from any or all of the photos! I really liked the “Hello” photo so I went with that one. Calligraphy Essentials, a pretty stamp set that will be retiring at the end of May, is such a wonderful stamp set and part of a very pretty project kit. I paired it with Painted Seasons for the beautiful Distinktive flower and leaves.
My Secrets to Making This Calligraphy Essentials Project
- Stamping the “Hello” stamp onto Whisper White cardstock, I then colored it with a long-retired gold Stampin’ Dazzle Marker to mimic the inspiration photo. Then, it was cut with a stitched oval framelit, and layered onto Soft Suede scallop oval and Calypso Coral oval.
- Have you tried Press’n Seal to layer your card elements? If you haven’t, this is a great tip! After stamping the flowers with Calypso Coral and the leaves with Soft Suede and cropping them with their coordinating Four Seasons dies, I placed them onto the background layers (Floral Romance DSP and Bermuda Bay). Once I had placed them how I wanted them, I took a piece of Press’n Seal and pressed it onto the arrangement.
- Bermuda Bay cardstock was cut with the doily die and adhered onto the card base. Then, the floral arrangement was turned over to add adhesive and placed over the doily. The top flower was popped up with dimensionals. Calypso Coral enamel dots were added to the flower centers.
- Before popping up the sentiment with dimensionals, I looped a piece of Braided Linen Trim to the top of the card front and laid the sentiment over it. A small flower with enamel dot was also added.
Calligraphy Essentials is part of a great Project Kit. Here is a Stampin’ Up! video about how much fun you will have using it!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Allsorts Challenge: Blossoms, Bugs, and Butterflies
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Spring Flowers
- Daring Cardmakers Challenge: Blooming Wonderful
- Patti’s Creations Challenge: Flowers
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!