We are looking for “Diamonds” on the next challenge over at Make My Monday. Fun! I had a few different ways but found this CTMH embossing folder that I had never used before. Making a sympathy card is never easy for me, but Bloom by Bloom stamp set was a great choice. This photopolymer set has very bold images so I decided to sponge them with daubers to soften them up for a different look. It really adds to the versatility, don’t you think?
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 card started by picking some pretty Spring colors – Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, and Mango Melody.
- Placing the flower stamps onto my Stamparatus, I used daubers to ink the entire stamp with Pineapple Punch, then using a second dauber to ink up Mango Melody along the edges. The beauty of using the Stamparatus is being able to re-ink the stamp if it didn’t get good coverage. Love it!
- For the sentiment, I adhered two pieces of Gorgeous Grape cardstock together, then ran them through my die cutting machine with the “sympathy” sentiment thinlit. This gave it some thickness. To adhere it to my card front, I sponged Tombow glue onto the back, which gave me time to place it exactly where I wanted it.
Non-SU: Close to My Heart Diamond Embossing Folder, Wonky Ovals Framelits
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Springtime
- Allsorts Challenge: Blossoms, Butterflies, Bugs
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!