I can’t wait to see what you make for the new Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Terri is our Host Sistah this go-round and she wants to see your great cards using “Chicks or Bunnies.” This was quite a challenge for me but luckily I kept a very cute stamp set called Honeycomb Happiness, which was a Sale-A-Bration stamp set a few years ago. I just loved it and knew that it would be perfect for this challenge. Then, I paired with the retiring Climbing Roses stamp set and its coordinating dies. Such a pretty set and only available till May 31st!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Lots of little details on this card but I don’t know if you can see them all. This A7 card (they just keep getting bigger and bigger! LOL) started by stamping and coloring the adorable little chick. Once finished, it was stamped again on WW cardstock so I could make the background then stamping the branch at its feet. (This is my favorite way to avoid fussy cutting fine details like the feet!)
- I started building the card base and layers. The Mint Macaron DSP was run through the Big Shot in the Subtle embossing folder before adhering to WW cardstock. Then, the WW was cut and layered onto Mint Macaron. Two pieces of WW cardstock were cut with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch and adhered to the back of the Mint Macaron and placed onto the card base.
- Now, the rose from Rose Trellis Thinlits was cut twice, once in WW and a second time in WW that had been colored with Pineapple Punch Stampin’ Blends. Secret: I poked out the pieces of the WW rose, laid it upside down onto a piece of Press’n Seal. Then, I placed the PP rose upside down on top of the WW rose and began poking the pieces into the WW rose. I added Tear and Tape over the back to keep the pieces in place when I turned it over to place onto the card front. FUN!! After seeing it on the card, I decided to color the leaves in Mint Macaron but the PP made it turn green. Not a match but I still like it!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!