It’s time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz and I get to be the host for a “Ribbon or Lace Trim” theme. I loooove ribbon! There is something about a big bow that just really takes every card up a notch – two! I love the Petal Pink/Whisper White 5/8″ Variegated Ribbon, which is now retiring at the end of May (if supplies last that long). Pairing that beautiful ribbon with the Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut designer paper is such a great combination, don’t you think? They really were perfect to use with the flower from the Humming Along stamp set.
My Secrets to Making This Humming Along Project
- This 5 1/2″ square card was fun and very easy to make, thanks to some products that are ready to go as well as beautiful! This card was made for my sister Katy for her birthday this week so it had to be special.
- First, the card base: Because I had a new Spellbinders die, I was just dying to use it. After using it to cut Whisper White cardstock, I then cut the Beautifully Detailed Laser Cut DSP just a bit smaller and adhered it to the back of the WW frame. Once that was completed, I layered it onto Night of Navy cardstock.
- The flower from Humming Along was colored with Stampin’ Blends. I might have gone a little darker on the colors than I wanted but when you are sending it to your artist sister, it has to be perfect! 😉
- The bow was made with my favorite ribbon. Then, the sentiment was stamped and cropped with a great die from the Hummingbird die set.
- Final details were using Wink of Stella on the “stigma thingie” and three small Night of Navy enamel dots.
non-SU Products: Spellbinders Vintage Stitched Squares Die (S7-215)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
- Ellibelle’s Wednesday Challenge: Wings, Tails or Spring Blossoms
- Lil Red Wagon Challenge: Flowers
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!