There’s a new challenge starting over at Hand Stamped Sentiments and the design team sure hopes you will join us! Aren’t these colors great together? I decided to go to my favorite bundle from the Occasions Catalog, Wonderful Romance. I LOVE this bundle but the framelits are now sold out. (Since they are on the discontinued list, that means to me that they will not be in the new catalog.) Most of the time, this bundle is used with pastel colors but I decided to brighten it up for Spring. Wonderful Romance is one of the stamp sets that will be staying in my forever stash! If you don’t have it yet, don’t wait another day. It will be gone May 31st!
My Secrets to Making This Wonderful Romance Project
- After stamping the focal image onto Whisper White paper, I colored it with Stampin’ Blends, then with Watercolor pencils. Once I was finished, it was cropped out with the coordinating framelits. Then, I stamped just the area with the flowers so they could be colored and fussy cut to add some dimension to the card.
- The Oval backgrounds were cut from Flirty Flamingo and Vellum. Then, the rectangle frame was cut and layered onto the in-color designer paper. Both layers were adhered to the Lovely Lipstick layer and then onto the Call Me Clover A6 card base.
- Leaves were cut for more filler to the bouquet. Lovely Lipstick 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon was looped and adhered onto the oval, then everything was placed on top.
- Lastly, the sentiment was inked up in Lovely Lipstick and cropped with the framelit. Then, Lovely Lipstick Enamel Dots were placed on the flowers.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges and hope you will look at their wonderful designs then play along as well:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code ZQDRKUZP when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!