Hello! I am so happy to be the sistah hosting the new Sisterhood of Crafters and have chosen “Wedding or Anniversary” because June is such a big month for weddings. I couldn’t wait to use the brand new stamp set, Good Morning Magnolia, from the Annual Catalog that will be available for purchase on June 4th! It is gorgeous to stamp and color with coordinating dies and stunning designer paper, which makes it predicted to be a top item in the catalog, for sure!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- You may be seeing lots of cards on Pinterest with this stamp set. It sure is showing up on my feed everywhere! I wanted to keep the card on the simple side with fresh Spring colors. So, I went to my Subtles Designer 6×6 paper stack and chose Soft Seafoam.
- Instead of stamping the flowers in black, I decided to use Soft Suede, which added a wonderful rustic twist to the elegant images.
- Then, I colored them with my wonderful Stampin’ Blends. I colored one completely and colored the other one with just an outline. This was to give me some options in laying out the final card, since I didn’t have a clear plan for my card at this point.
- Once I was finished, I cropped out the one that was outlined with the coordinating die.
- The “Meant to Be” sentiment was stamped on cardstock and cropped out with an oval cross stitched die.
- The “Just Married” die was used to cut through two layers of cardstock that had been adhered together. (This is NOT the easiest way to cut with dies but it did work. I was afraid of adhering them after they had been cut out because they might not match up exactly.)
- After laying my card out, I decided to use the second flower, not as a popped up layer as previously contemplated, but as a second bloom. I just had to fussy cut it out and even used a couple of the leaves as well.
- The finishing touches were using the new Petal Pink ribbon (LOVE IT!) and the sequins.
Non-SU: Oval Cross Stitched Dies, Just Married Dies by Gina Marie Designs
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge: Flowers
- Penny Black and More Challenge: All Things Feminine
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: In an English Garden
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 6X7Y46UJ when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!