It’s time to play with the next letter in the Alphabet Challenge. Maryvonne is our host for “E is for Embossing Folders.” This is a really great one for me because I love adding texture to my backgrounds! I’m still playing with my new products that will be available for order on June 4th. This time I inked up To a Wild Rose with its coordinating dies, but you might also notice that I inked up my embossing folder as well!
My Secrets to Making This Wild Rose Project
- First, I just love the To a Wild Rose stamp set! The flower has three stamps to layer your ink color with! Wow, doesn’t it look great? Using the Stamparatus made this incredibly easy to get perfect. Then, the flower has a coordinating die to crop it out fast and easy. And did you notice how our new Stampin’ Up! dies cut closer to the stamped image? Love it!
- My card started with inking the Powder Pink ink pad to one side of the Lace 3D embossing folder. There’s isn’t a wrong side of the folder to do it to, but obviously you will get a different look depending on which side you choose. Carefully close the folder and run it through the die cutting machine. Love how it turned out!
- As I stated earlier, inking up the flower was quite easy with my Stamparatus. Having 3 stamps, one to do the outline and two to give the depth of color for each petal, gives the flower a great look. I did the flower two time, cut them both out then did the same process for the leaves but only used two stamps because I didn’t want them completed filled in with ink.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with one of the dies from the Wild Rose collection.
- The colors just begged for some distressing so I sponged Crumb Cake ink to all of the edges of my card.
- Once I laid out my card, I decided to add the flower and leaf, cut from Very Vanilla cardstock, to the right side of my card and also distressed them with Crumb Cake ink.
- My Finishing Touch was adding the gorgeous new lace trim and artisan pearls.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Feminine + a Sentiment
- Little Red Wagon Challenge: Flower Frenzy
- Paperminutes Challenge: Friendship
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 6X7Y46UJ when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly SS Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!