Are you ready for the new challenge at Make My Monday? Amy is our host and has chosen the theme of “Anything with a B.” Our design team sure has a great imagination and made some really great cards, so I hope you will take a look! I went to one of my favorite subjects – butterflies. And I made it a birthday card for good measure! I just love this new Butterfly Wishes stamp set and it seemed like the perfect challenge to use it.
My Secrets to Making This Butterfly Wishes Project
- My first secret for this card was to choose the designer paper that would give the feel that I get with this stamp set. I found it in the new Garden Lane DSP. It is gorgeous and one of my favorites so you are probably going to see it a lot!
- I did have a challenge with this paper – matching it with inks. There’s a dominant color in it that I just couldn’t get, so I ultimately decided to use Pear Pizzazz and Soft Sea Foam. They certainly weren’t bad choices at all and like how they went with this card.
- Now, I used my Markers to color the branch. I tried a couple of different methods beforehand, and think just coloring the stamp with my markers gave the best look.
- Next, came stamping the butterflies – one on the branch layer and another one that would be fussy cut.
- The sentiment was stamped, first with the flower then the sentiment was stamped to overlap it just a little. It was cropped out with the Stitched Nested die.
- Adding the Frosted Flower Embellishment and Artisan Pearls were a great touch as well as the Pear Pizzazz Shimmer Ribbon.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Blooms, Butterflies, and/or Bugs
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Birthdays
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Summer
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!