We have a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge – “G is for Glitz or Grunge” and hosted by Sian. The past month has been crazy busy for me so I just had a chance to play with the wonderful May Paper Pumpkin kit. It is wonderful!! The card bases are wonderful so I decided to use them to make an alternative card for this challenge.
My Secrets to Making This Alternative Paper Pumpkin Project
- This project started with coloring the pretty nest image. Once that was completed, I cut it down and layered it onto Old Olive cardstock. Both of them were then distressed with my retired Stampin’ Distress Tool.
- The Very Vanilla background layer was dry embossed with the Subtles embossing folder, but I don’t think the photograph shows that too well. It’s just a little touch that adds a very nice texture.
- The sentiment was inked up with Soft Suede and stamped onto the other card base from the kit. Instant vintage! Then, it was cut out with the Rectangle Stitched die.
- I layered the image and its background layer onto the VV layer, then added the sentiment over the two ribbons that were adhered to the VV base.
- The little flower was from the kit and a sweet little detail. The finishing touch was to add the new Designer Elements. These are my host code gift for anyone placing an order this month! Aren’t they pretty!?
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!