We have a great new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters – Three B’s (birds, bees, butterflies): Use any or all – chosen by Sistah Terri. You know how difficult it was for me to chose with this theme! I love birds AND butterflies almost as much as I love flowers! But, I did choose one and it’s one that is brand new in the new catalog, Free As A Bird. It is also available as a bundle, using those elongated hexagons to make some great focal points. Love it!
My Secrets to Making This Free As A Bird Project
- I really love how this card turned out! I wanted to use pool party Designer paper but couldn’t find one I loved for my layout, so guess what – I made my own! By doing this, I was able to color the leaves with three different Stampin’ Blends – Pool Party, Old Olive and Crumb Cake. Love those three together! I literally just dotted each leaf with the three colors, no perfectionist techniques on this background!
- I left a space in the middle for my little bird, then colored him till I was satisfied. Afterward, I did some cropping with the rectangle die and the Stitched Nested Labels dies, then popped up the frame with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- The sentiment was stamped then cropped with an oval stitched die.
- The finishing touch was adding the Bird Ballad Trinkets. They’re adorable, aren’t they?
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!