It’s time for another fun challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters. Darlene is our host and chose the topic of “Any Occasion” so you surely can play along with us! I needed a birthday card for my husband and there is absolutely nothing he loves more than a pretty sunset. Well, I would have to put the ocean right up there next to it, but if he can combine the ocean and a sunset, you can just imagine how happy he is! I have made him many nautical cards so I decided to try a sunset this year. Stampin’ Up! has a great die collection that made this SUPER easy. It’s called Friendly Silhouettes and has a coordinating stamp set that I have already showcased this month, called Friend Like You. I will give you a link to them both in the Product List below.
My Secrets to Making This Friendly Silhouettes Project
- This card came together so quick and easy! Cutting three identical pieces of Crumb Cake with the Friendly Silhouettes die, I very lightly sponged them with Crumb Cake ink then colored the tips of the cattails with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends, then again with the retired Gold Wink of Stella to make them stand out just a little more.
- The top and middle layers were adhered together. Then, the second layer got the adhesive strip before laying on top of the third layer. If the layers don’t come out straight on the ends, just give them a little snip with your scissors.
- This was then layered onto Very Vanilla cardstock but I bet it would be great on a light blue cardstock as well!
- This layer was adhered onto Bermuda Bay, then all were adhered to Terracotta Tile card base.
- I punched a circle from Terracotta Tile cardstock and placed it behind the dies. The sentiment was stamped and punched out.
- To add just a bit of “life” to the card, I stamped the dragonflies as well as a butterfly punched out from the SAB Botanical Butterfly DSP.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge: For a Boy/Man
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Birthdays
- Tales From the Craft Room Challenge: Let’s Hear It for the Boys
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!