It’s time for another fun challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz! Sue is our host for our “Sun, Sea and Sand” challenge. My family loves to go to the ocean so the Beach Happy stamp set was great to add to my nautical stamp collection. I just can’t believe that I hadn’t inked it up before now! This card was lots of fun to create, helping me to get just a little bit better at sponging.
My Secrets to Making This Beach Happy Project
- I created the background first, mainly because I had very little confidence that I could do it without making a big mess! But, I like how it turned out, using Balmy Blue for the sky and water. Then, I added Bermuda Bay to deepen the color of the water. Crumb Cake was blended to make some sand, using a little scrap of cardstock to make a water line.
- Once the background was finished, I heat embossed the beach umbrella and chair in black ink onto the background. Then, I did it again onto 2018-2020 In Color DSP and paper pieced it onto the background. The lower edge of the umbrella was popped up with a mini-dimensional but think I should have gone with the regular dimensional for more pop.
- For the palm trees, I heat embossed them with 2018-2020 and Copper Embossing Powders. After they were cool, I fussy cut them out.
- The hat and tote were stamped in Crumb Cake onto Tropical Escape DSP and fussy cut.
- The seagull was fussy cut from the Bird Ballad DSP because I love my cards to show a little life, be it flowers, leaves or critters!
- The white frame was in my scrap stash!
- Bermuda Bay was a great cardstock to back this scene, and adding the Seaside embossing folder really makes it pop.
- After I finished the card and was ready to photograph it, I realized there wasn’t a sentiment. So, I sponged some So Saffron onto WW cardstock, stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay and cropped it out with a 1 1/4″ Circle Punch.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge: Paper Piecing
- Crafting by Designs Challenge: Summer Fun
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Summer
- Moo Mania & More Challenge: Summer Holidays
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Make Your Own Background
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team