Hey! I am so happy to be the host over at the new Sisterhood of Crafters challenge that started today. Because it’s my birthday month, I thought it would be fun for you all to make a birthday card! Just look at your calendar and see who has a birthday coming up and make one. My card practically made itself! I wanted to use the Silhouette Scenes bundle but the dandelion die captured my eye, which made me think of Dandelion Wishes and… well, I guess I will show you the bundle another time!
My Secrets to Making This Dandelion Wishes Project
- This card started by stamping the focal image in Mossy Meadow ink. I stamped it twice in my Stamparatus to make the image very dark. Then, I stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz. Trying to figure out the best way to crop them out together was a little bit of a challenge, but I found a great oval die in my stash. By cutting through the sentiment, it gave me an opportunity to layer it and having the stamp still in the Stamparatus made it even easier! All I had to do was stamp it again on another piece of Whisper White cardstock and it was perfectly placed. Love it!
- I cropped out the sentiment layer with a Rectangle Stitched die then ran it through the Subtles embossing folder. Finally, I gave it a background layer in Pear Pizzazz.
- The dandelion die was cut with Pear Pizzazz cardstock. I doubled the cardstock to give it more substance. The head of the dandelion was popped up with a mini dimensional and the end of the stem was glued down with the fine tip glue.
- the Garden Lane DSP was cut and a piece of Pear Pizzazz Ribbon adhered before putting it onto the Mossy Meadow card base. Then, the sentiment layers were adhered to the Garden Lane DSP using adhesive strips.
- The last little detail was adding the Frosted Epoxy Droplets to the Dandelions.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- AAA Birthday Challenges: For the Girls
- Always Fun Challenge: Anything Goes
- Die Cuttin’ Diva’s Challenge: Summer or Tropical
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team