It’s time for a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Thank you for everyone who played along with our sketch challenge! You all made gorgeous cards. I always learn so much from our gallery! I decided to make a sympathy card with the new color challenge. Those are the most difficult cards to make but I seem to need them a lot lately, so having some on hand is the best way to go. Using Floral Essence stamp set, this card came together quite easily as a result. The coordinating punch made the flower look wonderful, don’t you think?
My Secrets to Making This Floral Essence Project
- The colors are beautiful together! I chose the Petal Pink DSP from Magnolia Lane and layered onto the Calypso Coral before adhering them both to the Petal Pink card base.
- The new Perennial Essence Vellum was a great layer for the flower. I ran it through the Layering Leaves embossing folder then adhered it to the card base with vellum adhesive.
- Three flower images were stamped and cut with the coordinating punch. Before adhering them together, I gently curled the petals down to give them a little dimension. You know what I say – flowers aren’t flat!
- Six leaf stamps from the stamp set were stamped and cut out with another coordinating punch, Leaf punch! Double the FUN when you can save time not fussy cutting!
- The sentiment was stamped and made into a banner, then a small piece of a pearlized doily was adhered before placing it onto the card base.
- A last minute decision to add the heart from the Be Mine Stitched Dies to fill out the corner and a Faceted Gem added to the flower.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Dies or Punches
- A Place to Start Challenge: Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Stars & Stripes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!