What a honor it is to be with this great Cardz 4 Galz Design Team on the 100th challenge! Woohoo!! We want you to celebrate with us so Caz has chosed a “Celebrate” theme! My card is using the Praiseworthy Prose Stamp Set that is brand new in Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. It coordinates with the wonderful Hand-Lettered Prose Dies that were a must-have for me. I can’t wait to use them as well.
My Secrets to Making This Praiseworthy Prose Project
- Do you like One Sheet Wonder cards? If so, you will love one of the patterns in the Pressed Petals Specialty paper. You only have to cut out the images (as I have done with this one) and start building your beautiful cards! To see this One Sheet Wonder DSP, see the photo below.
- The flower in the left upper corner is – wait for it! — Washi Tape!! The petals have the same adhesive as washi tape, isn’t that cool?? Since the washi tape has no weight to it, I decided to give it some dimension by adhering it to a small circle of cardstock that I curled around the edges to give the washi tape something to give it some height. I kept some of the edges of the petals lifted for added dimension. Love it!!
- The rest of the card is pretty simple – stamped the sentiment from Praiseworthy Prose and cropped it with the Rectangle Stitched die. I decided it needed something behind it, so I cut out the Mossy Meadow cardstock with a die from my stash.
- Before adhering to the card base, I threaded one of the leaves from the Bird Ballard Trinkets with the Mossy Meadow Baker’s Twine from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack. (Yes, it’s OK to mix your Product Suites!) Two more trinkets were added to the flower and this card was done in a jiffy!
- I really wanted to get more done with this One Sheet Wonder idea of mine but summer has been busy so far. Hopefully in the near future, I can bring more out to play!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Feminine
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Anything Goes
- Paper Craft Crew Challenge: Tic Tac Toe (I couldn’t download the graphic but my card is “Die Cut Element, Favorite Color (Merry Merlot), and Feminine”
- A Place to Start Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code CTB7ZUAV when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!