We have a creative sketch challenge for you at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I can’t wait to see what you do with it. I decided to turn the sketch sideways because I make most cards in that position. Using a brand new stamp set that I just got in my last order, Path of Petals, I made a soft, summery birthday card. I just returned home from moving my daughter and then taking her to visit Seattle to visit my son. It was such a great week with cooler temps (sure wish I could bring that home to Michigan!) and lots of delicious food! We were practically next to Pike Place Market so a short walk every day was always in our itinerary.
My Secrets to Making This Path of Petals Project
- Getting home on Saturday meant making a card for this challenge that was pretty and easy, so this sketch was perfect for me!
- This card is A6 size and started with stamping the focal floral image from Path of Petals, that is 3 step stamping. My Stamparatus made this super easy to do!
- After stamping the image, I cropped it out with the large circle die and layered it onto So Saffron cardstock that was cut with the scallop die.
- I love the Subtle 6×6 DSP and get it every year. This year’s paper is the best one yet! I chose two patterns, cut them to size then ran the Pear Pizzazz through the Subtle embossing folder. This step isn’t necessary if you don’t want to, but I personally love texture on all of my cards.
- The sentiment was stamped in Highland Heather ink and cropped with a die from Stitched Shapes. The little metallic button brad was added and layered onto a little bow that I made from Old Olive Linen Thread.
- After assembling and adhering the elements onto the card base, I wanted a little “life” so I got out the beautiful new Perennial Essence vellum cardstock and punched out the Old Olive and So Saffron vellum with the Leaf and Sprig punches.
Product Spotlight: Path of Petals Stamp Set
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge: Buttons and Bows
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge – Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters on the Blog Challenge: Make a Ladies Card
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team