We have a great new challenge at Make My Monday today – “For A Guy” hosted by Meg. I am always needing guy cards but they are difficult to create when you love flowers and ribbons as much as I do! That said, half of the cards I give out are FOR men, so I’m always glad to have a reason to add to my stash of masculine cards. Since all of my guys have had their special days for the year, I kept the sentiments generic so I can personalize it later. Peaceful Place was my inspiration for this card and added Best Catch for the “life” element that I love to include. I wanted to make the card into a Double Z Fold in order to add more details. The photo above shows how the card looks all folded up, so keep reading if you want to see it unfolded.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This card started with making the card base, using this Splitcoaststampers’ tutorial with a slight modification of cutting the 12″x12″ cardstock to 6″x12″ before scoring it at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″.
- I first made the panels for the card front and inside panel, using a beautiful designer paper from Garden Lane DSP and Mossy Meadow.
- Then, I stamped the beautiful scene from Peaceful Place in Soft Suede ink, then coloring with various Stampin’ Blends (listed below).
- The other stamps from Peaceful Place and Best Catch were inked up in Soft Suede and colored as well. The fish has an additional layer of Wilver Wink of Stella on the fins and gills.
- The sentiments were then stamped and cropped out. Secret: The banner was made by cutting the ends using the Tailored Tag Punch.
- The two cattails were from my stash! They had been colored with Stampin’ Blends but not used on a previous card. I thought they would be perfect for this card!
- When adhering the elements together, I popped the fish up with dimensionals so the left front panel could slip behind it when the card is closed.
Product Spotlight (How can I pick just one?)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team