Just look at this beautiful photo inspiration that we have for the new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Isn’t it gorgeous?! Love it!! There were so many great ideas that I wanted to do, but I could only do one! Since two of the photos involved frames, I went with an idea using the Free As A Bird suite of products. If you are one of those people who loves designer paper as much as I do and would like to make a card that looks like you worked on it for hours (but didn’t!), then read on…
My Secrets to Making This Free As A Bird Project
- Secret #1: Those pretty birds were cropped right out of the designer paper! I used a square die from the Stitched Shapes collection to crop them out in my die cutting machine. It doesn’t get easier than that!
- Next, I stamped the frame from Swirly Frames onto Crumb Cake cardstock, then cut them the same size as the birds. The smaller square die was also used so that the birds would be visible. Tombo glue adhered the frames to the birds. Done!
- I tried a couple of different backgrounds but once I stamped the brand new Birch stamp, I knew it was the winner.
- There is an interesting secret to share with you about the Scalloped Lace Trim. This is a beautiful new Very Vanilla ribbon in the catalog. I really love it! Recently, I wanted to try coloring it a more vintage color and thought So Saffron would be pretty. I cut the length of ribbon, soaked it in several drops of So Saffron reinker and water for an hour or so. When I went to dry it, it was pink! I even checked the reinker bottle to make sure it was the right one! (It was…) I have no idea how or why, but I love how it turned out for this card.
Product Spotlight: Bird Ballad Suite
Free As A Bird Product List
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafting Happiness Challenge: Pink
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Things with Wings
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Wonderful Women
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team