The new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is “Wings,” hosted by Lynda. This is always a favorite theme of mine! I recently realized that I really want a sign of “life” on my cards and what could be better than any critter with wings! The new Free As A Bird stamp set has been tremendously popular! It has a great suite of products, one of which is the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards & Tin. These laser-cut card bases are stunning, so I decided to use them but in a little different way to make a pretty gate fold card!
My Secrets to Making This Bird Ballad Project
- This card started by taking two of the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut cards and trimming the inside card just a tiny bit to make the two laser-cut layers overlap easily. Then, they were adhered together.
- Once that was done, I stamped the birds stamp onto Very Vanilla and colored it with Stampin’ Blends. It was then cropped out with the oval die.
- For the inside, I stamped the sentiment with the sweet little bird from Botanical Bird stamp set and cropped it out with an oval die that was smaller than the oval for the card front. By doing this, I was sure that it would be well hidden when the card was closed.
- The inside just needed a little “somethin’ somethin'” and I had just received the Stitched Lace Die. Love it! So, I cropped Very Vanilla cardstock with it and layered it onto the card base. Then, the sentiment was adhered on top.
- When assembling the card front, I wanted the lace not to have anything permanently adhered to it, so I made the front focal image into a belly band. The new Come to Gather Ribbon (available in the upcoming Holiday Catalog) was adhered to the back of the stamped oval, then another oval was cut and adhered to cover the ribbon.
Product Spotlight: Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards & Tin
I am submitting this card to the following challenge:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43PGANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team