We have a great new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters, hosted by Terri who chose “Use Dies.” Isn’t that a great challenge for everyone? I had used the To A Wild Rose bundle once before the Annual Catalog went live. It truly is one of the most beautiful bundles in the catalog so I just couldn’t resist using it again.
My Secrets to Making This Wild Rose Project
- Because the first card I made was on the vintage side, (you can see it HERE) I wanted this card to be “fresh.” You may have noticed that I don’t use much in the purple family so I decided to use the new In Color, Purple Posy. We don’t have ink in that color yet (hopefully soon!) but we do have Stampin’ Blends! I stamped the flower outline stamp in Sahara Sand and then colored with Pink Pirouette and Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends.
- The leaves were stamped in Sahara Sand and cropped with the flower.
- The wonderful border die was then cut twice with a couple of scraps of Crumb Cake and the pretty flower die was cut in Whisper White and colored with the Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends.
- The sentiment was stamped in Crumb Cake then cropped out as well.
- The pretty DSP was cut to fit on the front of the 6″ square card front, then embossed with the Quilt top embossing folder. This was then adhered to Whisper White cardstock.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around this layer and tied into a bow before adhering to the card front.
- After adhering all of the elements for this card, I still wanted a little “life” on the card so I glued on a butterfly. Then, I added Purple Posy faceted gems to the butterfly and the flower. A White accent dot was added to the flower die piece.
Product Spotlight: To A Wild Rose Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43GPANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team