Are you ready for a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge? This challenge is “K is for Kindness” and hosted by Caz. I love this theme! Kindness is what the world needs more of, in my opinion, and sending a card is the perfect way to spread it. Beautiful Promenade is a wonderful stamp set with very pretty flowers and great sentiments.
My Secrets to Making This Beautiful Promenade Project
- This Double Easel card measures 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ when closed. I really love this fun fold!
- Card Base: 4 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″
- Easel Base: 4 1/4″ x 10 1/4″ and scored at 2 1/2″ and 5″
- DSP Panel: 4 1/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Cardstock Panel 4″ x 2 3/8″
- DSP Panel: 3 7/8″ 2 1/4″
How I Came Up with This Card!
- If you are familiar with Stampin’ Up!’s color families, is there one that you tend not to feel comfortable using very much? Well, mine is the Brights color family. I love them – but I just don’t use them very often. I decided to change that with this card!
- Another source of insecurity for me has been using the Pigment Sprinkles and Brusho Crystals. I have tried them but just can’t seem to get the look that I want or one that others can get. If you feel that way as well, you will be so happy to know that Stampin’ Up! took care of that for you! Look at the background on my card – that’s See A Silhouette DSP. Looks great, doesn’t it? I did use the new Pigment Sprinkles for the flowers, using them as a watercolor. Since I feel more comfortable with that technique right now, I hope to do more in the future. Who knows, maybe this ole lady can improve with more practice! LOL
Beautiful Promenade Flowers
- Once the card base was assembled, I heat embossed the flowers with clear embossing powder onto watercolor paper and just had some fun with the Pigment Sprinkles, adding and mixing colors with the Melon Mambo, Mango Melody and Bermuda Bay for the leaves. Once I was happy with them, I let them dry and then cut them out with their coordinating dies.
- Two large medallions were cut with Whisper White cardstock and adhered together with dimensionals. I used Tombow glue to glue it to the card base.
- The center of the medallion is a hexagon and when I was going through some stamp sets looking for a suitable sentiment for the challenge, I came across the “You are the Best” in a hexagon shape in the Believe You Can stamp set. Perfect! I inked it up in Bermuda Bay and cropped it out with the retired Hexagon Punch. Oh, how I love my tools!
- Inside: I stamped the sentiment from Floral Essence stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink then used the die to cut it out. I used one of the flowers and leaves to add some color to the Poppy Parade cardstock as well as a leftover piece of DSP.
Product Spotlight: Beautiful Promenade
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Embossing
- Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43PGANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team