With the hot temps of summer (hopefully) behind us, I was sure ready for the wonderful color challenge that started today at Hand Stamped Sentiments. You really can’t go wrong with these colors on a card! My card for you today morphed somewhat when it was time to pick the sentiments because I decided to stay with the beautiful fonts in Good Morning Magnolia. I will definitely be thinking of this color combo during the holidays this year!
Secrets to Making This Good Morning Magnolia Project
- This A6 card started by stamping and coloring the small magnolia blossom three times with Cherry Cobbler and Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends. Once done, two were cropped out with the coordinating die. I used the front leaf on the third one to pop up on one of the flowers.
- “Thinking of You” was stamped in Soft Suede at the bottom of Whisper White cardstock then adhered to the Cherry Cobbler panel.
- The 19-21 In Color DSP was cut and cropped with the beautiful edgelit die. It still needed a little color on the front panel so I used the same edgelit to crop a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Perfect!
- The second sentiment was stamped in Pretty Peacock and cropped with the Stitched Nested Label die.
- The large magnolia was stamped in Soft Suede and cropped.
- The finishing touch was adding the Cherry Cobbler rhinestones to the card front.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafting Happiness Challenge: Flowers
- As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Flower (Magnolias are gorgeous, smell like heaven and remind me of the south where I lived most of my childhood!)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43PGANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team