I am the host of the next challenge at Cardz 4 Galz that started today! I love picking themes for challenges and I hope you like this one, “Use Vellum.” You certainly have some in your craft room, so get it out and do something fun with it! You can cut it with dies or punches, heat or dry emboss it – just to name a few! Stampin’ Up! has a new product called Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock in the Annual Catalog that comes in 3 delicious colors. I have been using them so much! If you want to see them up close, I have a link to this great product below.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Sometimes your next card is just sitting on your craft table, ready to be made LOL! I had a “little” pile of craft supplies on my desk and it got my creative juices flowing. That pile had the See a Silhouette DSP, some Perennial Essence vellum scraps, along with a couple of pretty floral stamp sets that had been considered/used for previous cards. I’m the only one who does that, right??
- My first order of business was choosing and heat embossing the pretty flowers in Band Together onto vellum cardstock. I colored the first flower with stampin’ blends first, but didn’t get the look I wanted, so I started over and inked it on the back with a dauber. It takes them a little while to dry and really didn’t want to ruin them with my heat gun. Be patient!
- After all of the flowers were colored and dry, I cropped them out with the coordinating die. Because the So Saffron flower was light in color, I also cropped some Whisper White cardstock to layer it onto so the DSP wasn’t showing through quite as much .
- The sentiment was stamped onto Perennial Essence Vellum and also layered onto Whisper White cardstock.
- The See a Silhouette DSP was cut with the same size as the Poppy Parade cardstock, which was then cut into a frame with Stitched Rectangle dies and dry embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. Then, they were both layered onto more See a Silhouette DSP, which also layered onto more Poppy Parade. Finally, they were all layered onto Whisper White A6 card base. (Yep, I love layers!)
Product Spotlight: Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Galz Corner Challenge: Emboss It (I used both heat and dry embossing)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Sunshine, Sunflowers or Add Something Yellow
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Flowers
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Stampotique Designers Challenge: Flower Power
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43PGANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team