Are you having a great summer so far? We are halfway through one of the hottest summers ever here in Michigan, so it’s the perfect theme for our new “Summer Fun” challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz, hosted by Helen. I had wanted to use the new Silhouette Scenes bundle a couple of weeks ago but diverted into making this card instead. After seeing the results, I’m so glad that I saved it for this challenge!
My Secrets to Making This Silhouette Scenes Project
- This was such a fun card to make! It turned out a little on the big size 7×5 1/2″ but it’s worth it!
- I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and sponged Balmy Blue and Blushing Bride.
- The hill was made with a scrap of Soft Sea Foam cardstock and cut with a stitched edgelit, then adhered to the Whisper White cardstock.
- The stamped image from Silhouette Scenes was inked with VersaMark and Mossy Meadow, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- The tree from the coordinating Sweet Silhouettes dies was cut twice, using Mossy Meadow cardstock. They were then layered and glued down at their branches, but not the leaves to give more dimension.
- After stamping the word “day” from Peaceful Place in Mossy Meadow, I cut and adhered “happy” from Well Written dies.
- The focal panel was then adhered to the prettiest pattern in Garden LaneDSP! It was layered onto Mossy Meadow cardstock then placed onto Whisper White cardbase.
Product Spotlight: Silhouette Scenes Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenge: 3+ Layers
- Ellebelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Summer Scenes, Treats or Colors
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 2AZRWAUK when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team