I hope you are ready for a new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. You will love the creativity of this color combination and will want to use it again and again. When you do, make sure you submit it to our gallery while it’s running! The design team made some gorgeous inspiration to get your creative juices going, so make sure you go and take a look! If you have come to my blog before, you will certainly know that I love birds and the Free As A Bird stamp set is always at my fingertips! Making a card for Autumn was so much fun and very easy with the new Come to Gather design paper in the new Holiday Catalog.
My Secrets to Making This Free As A Bird Project
- This card started with choosing, cutting the designer paper and cardstocks. Then, the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch was used to cut Pretty Peacock scrap cardstock for the top and bottom of the middle panel.
- Now, the focal image was stamped twice. The first one was cut with the Layering Circle dies. The second one was colored with Stampin’ Blends (listed below) then fussy cut. I used my tool to round out the edges and a bone folder to curl the tail just a bit.
- Terracotta Tile cardstock was cut to layer under the bird layer, then Mint Macaron was cut to complete the focal image.
- The last color that I needed to add to my card for the color challenge was Grapefruit Grove. This could have been done in a few different ways, but since I was intent on an Autumn card, I went with leaves. These leaves were made by applying Mint Macaron and Grapefruit Grove inks and water onto watercolor paper, drying with my heat tool, then cutting it with the small leaf die from Seasonal Layers dies.
- The sentiment was heat embossed onto the the Tag & Feather Elements with Pretty Peacock ink and clear embossing powder, then layered onto the second feather element before gluing to the card base.
- I layered the card with linen thread as my finishing touch.
Product Spotlight: Free As A Bird Stamp Set
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Dream Valley Challenge: Things with Wings
- Allsorts Challenge: Trees & Leaves
- My Time to Craft Challenge: Birds
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Things with Wings
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team