We have a great new challenge for you over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Darlene is our lovely host and she chose “Embossing, Wet or Dry” which is always a favorite technique for me. Embossing is a great and easy way to add texture. Using Playful Penguins, Handwritten and Frosted Foliage stamp sets for my card, I decided to do the Embossed Watercolor Lifting that I had seen in this Jennifer McGuire video. I tried another version a few years ago but instead of lifting off the ink, I had added darker ink. (see my card from 2015)
My Secrets to Making This Playful Penguins Project
- My card for you today started with Stampin’ Up! watercolor paper, Night of Navy ink, Blushing Bride ink and a paint brush! I spritzed water onto the paper, painted on the inks and set it aside to dry. Once dry, I versamarked the Handwritten stamp and heat set with clear embossing powder. Then, with my spray bottle in one hand and a towel in the other, I began the fun process of “lifting” the ink off of the watercolor paper. Love this technique!
- The new Playful Penguins stamp set was a “must have” in the new holiday catalog, in my opinion. I love them in real life, and always spent lots of time watching them when taking my kids to the zoo. I stamped these in Night of Navy ink, then stamped off onto grid paper, then fussy cut them out.
- Using Whisper White cardstock, I cut out the snowy hill with the Fawn Lawn Stitched Hillside Border die, then ran it through the Seaside embossing folder. A scrap of Whisper White cardstock was punched with the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, then adhered to the card base.
- The Penquins were popped up with dimensionals.
- The sentiment from Frosted Foliage was stamped in Night of Navy and cropped with a die from the new Ornate Frame dies collection. This set will get lots of use from me!!
Product Spotlight: Playful Penguins Stamp Set
Non-SU: Fawn Lawn Stitched Hillside Borders die
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Penny Black and More Challenge: Animals
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes
- Simon Says Monday Challenge
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team