It’s time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz and I hope you will play along! The theme is “Welcome Autumn/Fall” and the design team has made beautiful cards to share with you. Go check them out! I wanted to use a new stamp set, Nature’s Beauty, that is just gorgeous. I love animals! The images are lovely and you will be using them on your projects all year round. And, not only that, this stamp set is even more special – it is Stampin’ Up!’s Make a Difference stamp set. They will donate $3 to mental health organizations for every stamp set sold. What a worthy cause!
My Secrets to Making This Nature’s Beauty Project
- Card Base: 4 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6″ then cut at 7 3/4″ and 9 3/4″
- You will use the middle panel for the vertical panel
- If you want to layer onto the panels, my first layers were
- Top: 1 5/8″ x 4 3.8″
- Middle/Vertical: 1 7/8″ x 4 3/8″
- Bottom: 2 1/8″ x 4 3/8″
- I don’t remember where I saw this fun fold technique first, perhaps it was Jennifer McGuire, who is always inspiring me with her great cards and techniques. Without a blueprint, I dove in to make this fun fold style for an A6 size card. It’s not difficult at all so give it a go!
- First, I added my layers with Mint Macaron and Come to Gather DSP. I also added the layer of Mint Macaron to the inside of the card.
- Taking the Very Vanilla layer for the middle panel, I stamped the gorgeous deer twice, once on the cardstock and again onto masking paper. I cut out the image from the masking paper and covered up the VV deer so I could stamp the trees from Nature’s Beauty onto the background.
- Stampin’ Blends were used to color the deer.
- The sentiment was stamped onto the inside panel. This was done with the card closed! That way, I knew it would be centered and exactly where I wanted it.
- The front of the card was coming along but still felt unfinished so I cut out leaves from the Seasonal Layers dies collection. They were layered then topped with Gold Metallic Pearls. My card is done! Whatcha think?
Product Spotlight: Nature’s Beauty Stamp Set
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Animal Friends Challenge: Deer and/or Squirrel
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Layer It Up
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Stamp It
- Penny Black and More Challenge: Animals
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team