Make My Monday has a new challenge today! Isn’t the color challenge wonderful? Those gorgeous flowers made me think of the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP. Although I didn’t end up using the flower pattern that this reminded me of, it was definitely my jumping off point, using one of the my most favorite stamp sets in this year’s Annual Catalog, To A Wild Rose.
My Secrets to Making This Pressed Petals Project
- The flowers were stamped in versamark onto watercolor paper, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo ink to watercolor each of the flowers. There’s no wrong way to do it! I mixed colors on the flowers and just had fun! Then, to add more depth, I colored them with various watercolor pencils. Always wait till the watercolored images are completely dry! You can let them dry naturally or hit them with your heat tool to speed up the process.
- The leaves were stamped in Old Olive with the outline stamp, then to get a lighter color, the second leaf image was stamped off (second generation stamping, if you know that term).
- The background papers were chosen, cut and added to the A7 card base (finished card is 5″ x 7″). The die used for the outside border was one of the very first I ever bought, even before signing up with Stampin’ Up! I don’t believe I have used it in years! I unearthed it in a craft room clean-up a couple of months ago and have decided to let them shine now and then. The only problem is that I have no idea the exact name of them anymore, but am pretty sure it is a Spellbinders Nestabilities die. If you know the name of this one, I would love to hear which one it is. I now label all of my dies but didn’t have a clue I would want to know the names of them way back then. LOL
- Finally, to dress up the card a bit, I stamped the sentiment from Path of Petals onto Very Vanilla then cropped it with the die from Ornate Frames. The pretty Magnolia Lane ribbon was cut and adhered to the card base before the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals.
Product Spotlight: Pressed Petals Specialty DSP
This Specialty DSP is currently part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale that ends October 31st! See the Sale HERE
Non-SU: Spellbinders Nestabilities Die
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Anything Goes with Flowers
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Happy Birthday
- Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge: Birthday
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team