It’s time for another challenge at Make My Monday. Dawn is our lovely host and has chosen “Shapes” – use circles, squares, rectangles, etc. What a FUN theme! I know you will find lots of inspiration from the design team and can’t wait to see what you create! My card could have gone in so many directions, so you definitely will have fun with this challenge. I decided to use a little-utilitized stamp set, Swirly Frames, and after stamping the large circle onto the cardstock, immediately decided that it looked like a wreath. That led me to the flowers from Free As A Bird and, well, you get the message…
My Secrets to Making This Swirly Frames Project
- As I mentioned, this card started by simply choosing the large circle stamp from Swirly Frames in Crumb Cake ink. This stamp set is supposed to “frame” a focal point but I really like that I made it the focal point!
- To give the newly created wreath some substance, I moved the cardstock a bit and stamped it again. Then, I cropped it out with a new die which gave it the spotlight it deserved.
- The flowers were stamped and colored with Stampin’ Blends then fussy cut. Then, the leaves were cropped out of Whisper White cardstock and colored with Stampin’ Blends as well. I really recommend doing this for a softer look!
- I was ready to make my easel card and after flubbing it a bit :’), managed a card that was almost 6″x6″. An easel card is really very easy to make:
- Cut your paper at 6″x12″ and score at 3″ and 6″
- Your front panel will also be cut to 6″x6″ and adhered to the bottom of the 3″ side. Secret: add adhesive to the 3″ panel, NOT the card front.
- Once my card front was completed with DSP and ribbon, I moved on to the inside. I used the large rectangle from Swirly Frames stamp set, stamped in Crumb Cake then added the sentiment from Country Home in Cajun Craze.
- The Finishing Touch was adding some very pretty rhinestones from the new Holiday Rhinestone Jewels from the new Holiday Catalog. This catalog goes live this week on September 4th. Get your order ready because this catalog is fantastic! If you don’t have a demonstrator and would like a catalog, please email me or click HERE.
Product Spotlight: Swirly Frames Stamp Set
Non-SU: Spellbinders Fancy Edged Rectangles (S4-905), Tattered Lace Ornate Leaves
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 43PGANT3 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team