We have a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge, “O is for One Word Sentiment” and hosted by Darlene. What a fun challenge! You will be amazed when you see the design team’s creations. Without consulting each other, we all picked different sentiments. That just shows you the versatility of this challenge! After choosing “hooray” from the Well Written die collection, I quickly chose a brand new die I received from the Dies R Us Challenge for being their random winner. It’s so cute and absolutely perfect for a birthday card.
My Secrets to Making This Well Written Project
- This A6 card was quite easy to put together! It’s not often that I can make a card with no stamps! After cutting the word die three times and gluing them together, I looked through my designer papers to find something that looked festive for a birthday card. I found what I was looking for in the Garden Impressions DSP, now retired.
- The DSP then gave me more inspiration so I cut out the balloons die twice, once in Petal Pink and again in Whisper White. I colored the WW image with Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends so I could get a softer color peeking through the dies when I glued them together.
- The large oval was cut twice – one in Whisper White, which was dry embossed with the new Hammered Metal embossing folder, and Silver foil, which was off set when I adhered it to the back of the WW oval.
- I cut a piece of the Calypso Coral Ombre Ribbon, layered it onto Calypso Coral cardstock and Polka Dot Tulle Ribben, then tied them around the background panel. I inserted a short piece of mini Silver sequins as well as Silver metallic thread through the knot. The perfect little balloon charm was thread through the threads before tying it into a bow.
Product Spotlight: Well Written Dies
Non-SU Products Used: Yvonne Creations Balloons (YCD10048)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team