I have posted a couple of cards recently with the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and had created a third project that I wanted to share with you today. These projects were made for a friendship theme with one of the challenges and I enjoyed it so much, I couldn’t stop! I have a wonderful group of friends so I love making things for them. If you don’t want to make this into a home decor item, feel free to CASE this as a 6″ square card instead.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I had used Good Morning Magnolia stamp set for the two cards, so I wanted to try the 3D flower that can be made from the new Hot Air Balloon Punch. Here is a video that Stampin’ Up! made to show how easy it it.
- I made my flower with the punch, sponged the petals with So Saffron and, so that the colors matched, the flower centers were die cut in Whisper White cardstock, then colored with So Saffron Stampin’ Blends marker.
- The leaves from the stamp set were stamped, colored and cropped with the coordinating dies.
- The square made from Gold Foil was cut, then Mossy Meadow linen thread was wrapped around and tied into a knot, with a gold element from the retired Year of Cheer elements.
- The sentiment was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink and cropped with an oval die.
- The DSP was cut from Magnolia Lane DSP, layered onto cardstock, then all details were adhered together.
- To make sure that everything would stay put, I hot glued the entire project to the 6″ burlap canvas.
Non-SU: Spellbinders Vintage Stitched Squares dies (S7-215), 6×6 Burlap Canvas
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Moo-Mania & More Challenge: Die Cuts and Punches
- Inspire. Create Challenge: Die Cuts
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team