The new Make My Monday challenge is all about “Fruits or Veggies” on our cards, hosted by Janeen. What a great theme for autumn! I bought the new Harvest Hellos bundle, because who can resist a punch that can make either a pumpkin or apple?? Love that! The design team created so many different types of fruits and veggies and I’m sure that you can find even more! I hope you will ink them up and play along.
My Secrets to Making This Harvest Hellos Project
- This A6 card came together quite easily – once I decided what to do with the apple. My initial plan was to color the apple with Stampin’ Blends, but my arthritis wasn’t allowing it. So, my next choice was stamping it…
- I thought the checked pattern from Tiny Keepsakes would be fun! I stamped it with VersaMark ink then covered that with Cherry Cobbler ink onto Rococo Rose cardstock. It was then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and cut out with the Apple Builder Punch.
- The stem is from a scrap of Soft Suede cardstock and the two leaves were from a scrap of Pretty Peacock. Secret: Make sure the thick part of the stem is connected to the top of the pumpkin. The apple is the opposite! The thin part is at the top of the apple.
- I gently rounded the edges of the apple to give it some dimension then mounted it with dimensionals onto Whisper White that had been cropped with the Layering Square dies. The entire piece was adhered to the Pretty Peacock layer. Easy Peasy!
- The rustic wood DSP was cut for the background then layered onto Cherry Cobber cardstock.
- Rococo Rose cardstock was cut then run through my die cutting machine in the Scripty embossing folder. Pretty Peacock scalloped Linen Ribbon was applied to the back so that only a thin strip of the scallops could be seen.
- The sentiment was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink, cropped out with the Stitched Nested Label die. Cherry Cobbler thick baker’s twine was wrapped about the background layers.
- Then all of these layers were adhered to the card base.
- The apple just needed a finishing touch! I found a bow in my stash from Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon that just seemed perfect. Then, I added a couple of Cherry Cobbler rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones.
Product Spotlight: Harvest Hellos Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team