If you subscribe to my blog, you might have seen this Good Morning Magnolia card that I posted last week. I love this bundle so much that I ended up creating more than one project with it and wanted to share the second with you today. Isn’t the Magnolia Lane DSP wonderful? I just love it, especially when you can cut the paper with the dies! Those flowers are from the designer paper!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This card ended up a little on the large size – 5 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ because I made this card from the inside out – again. That’s okay! I have no problem making my envelopes!
- I wanted to see what I could do with that really cool flourish stamp and thought perhaps using it to accent a focal sentiment would work. So, I first stamped the image with my Stamparatus to assist in getting it straight. Once I knew the size of the interior, I was able to find and stamp the perfect sentiment for a friendship card! This sentiment is from a retired stamp set called Window Shopping. It was stamped a second time so the middle could be fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals.
- Then, the cardstock was trimmed down on the left and right side so I could use the coordinating die for the top and bottom. Once this was done, I used my sanding tool to round out the corners.
- Remember what I said about the DSP? One of the patterns coordinates with the Magnolia “bud” so I cut out three of those images. Then, I used the die to cut out more flowers from scrap cardstock to pop them up a bit.
- The finishing touch was adding Mossy Meadow linen thread and faceted dots.
Product Spotlight: Magnolia Lane Designer Paper
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Think Pink
- Moo-Mania & More Challenge: Count Your Blessings
- Unicorn Challenge: Pretty in Pink
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Use a Sentiment
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team