Are you ready for the new challenge at Make My Monday? Caz, is our host for the “Poppy” challenge. Who doesn’t love them? Floral Essence has wonderful flowers so I wanted to try making them look like poppies. I think they turned out pretty good, don’t you?? I love to try fancy folds and had so much fun making this one!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Basic Black Card Base: 9 1/4″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 6 1/4″
- Poppy Parade Layer: 9 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, scored at 4 5/8″
- Whisper White Layer: 4″ x 5 3/4″
- Flap Layer (2): 4″ x 2 5/8″
It’s All in the Details
- Well, this is embarrassing. I thought I pinned the card that inspired this one a while back, but apparently I didn’t and can’t find it now! I didn’t follow the measurements, because I prefer A6 cards, but I really wanted to link it to my post anyway. Whoever you are, thank you for a great fun fold card idea!
- The flowers from Floral Essence were stamped in Poppy Parade – pretty much a no-brainer since it’s a Poppy theme, right? Three of them were stamped, the stems and flower centers were, too. They were cropped out with a Stitched Rectangle die. I will mention it here that I eventually decided to pop one up, so the flower was stamped again, fussy cut .
- Remember that stash box that I’ve been raiding lately? Well, the “Happy Birthday” was in there, so it was time for them to finally find a card home! Before adhering them to the layer, however, I decided to dress them up a bit with the brand new Shimmery Crystal Effects from the new holiday catalog. After applying it to the words, I left them overnight to dry. Pretty!
- I cut and assembled the card, using the measurements above. The Whisper White layer was embossed in the Tufted embossing folder for just a little texture. Then, I decided on the sentiments from Floral Essence and Butterfly Wishes. These were stamped and cropped out accordingly.
- .The Finishing touch was adding the black rhinestones to the flower centers for a little bling that every card needs!
Product Spotlight: Floral Essence Bundle
Non-SU Products Used: Gina Marie Designs Dies
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Use Black
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Embossing – Wet or Dry
- A Place to Start Challenge: Create Your Own Challenge (I found this Tic-Tac-Toe challenge and couldn’t resist! In #1, I have an image, sentiment, patterned paper, #2 die, embossing, #3: glossy accents (with shimmer!), #4 bling, #5 faux stitching.)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9HBBNS4EB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: