The next challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is a sketch challenge that you are sure to love! When I did a little cleaning around my craft table this week, I rediscovered some great items in my stash box where I keep all kinds of papers that were cut for cards then not used. In this cleaning, some were thrown away 🙁 but I also found others that needed to find a home on a card. My cards that I am posting this week will have items from this treasure box! That explained, let’s get back to my card… The ornaments on the sketch were such a fun inspiration for me. I kept the holiday theme on my card, changing the focal point to trees from Winter Woods (the large tree) and Rooted in Nature.
Both of these sets have coordinating dies, so they are perfect for this time of year. And to make it even better, tomorrow only, both Rooted in Nature and Winter Woods stamp sets will be 15% off! (More info below!)
My Secrets to Making This Rooted In Nature Project
- This A6 holiday card started with choosing the three images I wanted for the focal point from Rooted in Nature and Winter Woods. The sentiment I chose is from Memories From Home, a new stamp set from this year’s Holiday Catalog. I love combining new and old stamps together!
- Once those were stamped and cropped with coordinating dies, I used the Crumb Cake oval die from my stash box and adhered the trees, the largest one popped up with dimensionals. Then, the brand new Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP (promotional suite of products will be available for purchase soon!) was cut and layered onto Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- The panel that was dry embossed with Pinewood Planks was also from my stash box. It was trimmed down to size and layered onto Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Mossy Meadow Thick Baker’s Twine from my stash (I believe it was one from the retired Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine) was wrapped and adhered to the panel before the sentiment was popped up with dimensionals.
- Watch the Stampin’ Up! video on Rooted in Nature bundle for lots of great tips and techniques below!
Product Spotlight: Rooted In Nature
Rooted in Nature Product List
Non-SU Products Used: Gina Marie Design Oval [Wonky Stitches] Dies
Update: Since I have been asked about where to find the Wonky Stitches Die shown on this card, click HERE for the link to the product I used.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Stamping Sensation Challenge: Trees, Leaves and/or Autumn
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
Woohoo! It’s HERE!! Tomorrow, from 12:01 AM MT until 11:50 PM MT ONLY, you can purchase select stamp sets, at a 15% discount! You can see the list of stamp sets that are included in the sale on a.
It’s all in the details:
- The online order deadline is 11:50 PM MT!
- Get select sets at a 15% discount.
- All selected stamp sets can be applied to a $99 Starter Kit. I welcome all hobby stampers!
- Discount applies to select stamp sets only when purchased individually during the 24-hour promotion period. Bundles featuring stamp sets from the promotion will not be discounted.
- If you purchased a stamp set prior to the sale, Stampin’ Up! will not be offering exchanges or credits.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team