The next challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is “Shades of Brown” and Lynda is our host. This theme worried me just a tad. How can you make it special? Well, I am just amazed at our very talented design team and should never have worried for a second! You really need to see them all. I decided to go masculine with a new bundle called Sailing Home that I loved as soon as I saw it. Since I hadn’t a chance to use it, I thought this challenge was perfect to ink it up!
If you follow me, you know how fond I am of fun folds! Easel cards are easy, fun to make and I had just ordered new mini calendars! Here is the card when opened up to stand.
My Secrets to Making This Sailing Home Project
- This A6 easel card is for my husband, who absolutely loves anything to do with the sea! And, since his goal is to retire (or partially retire) in July 2020, the calendar (which ends with June) is a fun way to count these final months down.
- Crumb Cake was cut to 4 1/2″ x 12, and then scored at 3″ and 6″. A separate piece of cardstock was cut down at 4 1/2″ x 6″ for the card front.
- Now, for the fun! Cutting the patterned designer paper from Come Sail Away designer paper (anyone else singing this Styx song??), I carefully distressed the edges with Soft Suede ink and kept the center untouched. It was then layered onto Soft Suede cardstock.
- The ship and sentiment stamps were all inked up in Soft Suede ink and cropped out with their coordinating dies. I colored the ships and anchor very lightly with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. The ship wheel and sea weed were cut out with Soft Suede and Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Whisper White cardstock was cut with an oval die and run through my die cutting machine in the Ruffled embossing folder.
- Two pieces of Braided Linen Trim were looped together and adhered to the background panel.
- Once all of the cut pieces were lightly distressed with Soft Suede and a sponge, they were all adhered to the card base.
- I found some Soft Suede enamel dots (probably from an old Paper Pumpkin kit) and used one on the wheel.
- Inside of the card: Cardstock was cut to the size of the calendar and adhered. The compass and sentiment was stamped and cut out with the coordinating dies, then the enamel dot added to the compass and everything was adhered to the card base.
Product Spotlight: Sailing Home Bundle
Non-SU Product Used: Taylored Expressions 2019-2020 Mini Tear Off Calendar (TECAL06)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge: Ribbons
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Stamp It
- Watercooler Challenge: All About Occasions
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Shop my Online Store
Like My Facebook Page
Follow me on Pinterest
Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin
Join my Sisterly Stampers Team