We are starting a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters, “Clean & Simple” hosted by Vickie. Honestly, I can’t think of any other words in the stamping vocabulary that give me more feelings of dread than “clean & simple.” It’s definitely not my style. So, I’m here to tell you that this card is clean and simple – for me! I had an entirely different card in mind till I went through my stash box (as mentioned yesterday) and found that tree from the Thoughtful Branches bundle. I just couldn’t throw it out! When I pulled the coordinating stamp set and dies from my collection, the rest of the card (well, most of the card) fell into place.
My Secrets to Making This Thoughtful Branches Project
- This A6 card started with the tree, as I just said. I liked the idea of embedding it into the background layer so I cut a Whisper White cardstock with the tree die and removed all of the bits and pieces between the branches. Then, I glued the old Soft Suede tree onto the new WW tree. (Why waste??)
- I stamped the sentiment from the new So Many Stars stamp set into the corner of the WW background, then ran the panel through the die cutting machine in the Subtle embossing folder to give it a little texture.
- I also found a Crushed Curry oval in my stash box – perfect! Turning the WW panel over, I glued it behind the tree cut-out, then adhered the panel to Soft Suede cardstock layer. The tree was adhered in place.
- The two little birds were stamped in Cajun Craze and cut out with their coordinating dies.
- The leaf was sponged with both Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, then cut out with its coordinating die and glued in place.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge: Fabulous Fall
- Double Trouble Challenge: Batty Color Challenge (I hope I understood the challenge correctly! I don’t celebrate Halloween but the colors qualify.)
- Moo-Mania Challenge: Die cuts or Punches
- Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge: CAS
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Fall/Autumn Colors
Before You Go!
Woohoo! It’s HERE!! Today, from 12:01 AM MT until 11:50 PM MT ONLY, you can purchase select stamp sets at 15% Off! You can see the list of stamp sets that are included in the sale on a PDF here.
It’s all in the details:
- The online order deadline is 11:50 PM MT!
- Get select sets at a 15% discount.
- All selected stamp sets can be applied to a $99 Starter Kit. I welcome all hobby stampers!
- Discount applies to select stamp sets only when purchased individually during the 24-hour promotion period. Bundles featuring stamp sets from the promotion will not be discounted.
- If you purchased a stamp set prior to the sale, Stampin’ Up! will not be offering exchanges or credits.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code WCRQNDJC when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: